Google Apps Premium – 10 Compelling Reasons to Switch From Typical Email Hosting
1. Typical email hosting providers are often small shops who lack the redundancy of larger hosting providers. If you aren't with someone who is advertising in print magazines, you are probably with a small shop. The problem with relying on a small shop is that they lack the funding and technical expertise to keep their servers redundant, up-to-date, and secure. With Google Apps Premium, you get a 99.9% uptime SLA and that is backed by Google.
2. Antispam usually costs extra with typical email hosting providers. Sure, some will include some of the open source products that are available and they do some basic filtering, but with Google Apps Premium, you get Postini. One of the leading email security products available on the market and it's included at no additional cost.
3. Storage, storage, storage. Typical companies will give you only a small amount of storage space to hold your email. 1&1, at time of writing, gives only 2GB of mailbox space. A few years ago, that could have been considered a lot, but not anymore. The limits are constantly being hit and companies have to spend more money buying additional space. Google Apps Premium comes with 25GB of storage PER USER. This is far above 1&1 and 50% more than the industry average.
4. Google Apps Premium offers many additional features as well and this is where they really start to shine. With typical email hosting, you have your email, maybe a calendar, and contacts in your local email client. No one else can see this information, only you. With Google Apps Premium, you can directly integrate with Outlook to sync your mail, contacts, and calendar. You can share calendars and more.
5. Access from anywhere. Some email hosting providers offer web based access to your email, but none offer this same access to your email, contacts, calendar, documents, and more! When you use Outlook with Google Apps, the email, contacts, and calendar are all synchronized with Google and accessible by any web browser on any computer.
6. Google Docs, included with Premium Edition, offers a compelling alternative to Microsoft Office for small businesses. Users can collaborate and change the same document instead of having to email back and forth.
7. Resource scheduling is another great feature. You can reserve a conference room and everyone will see that it is in use. You can schedule meetings and invite other users in your company to attend.
9. Built-in instant messaging. If you choose to enable for your company, you can instant message using Google Chat.
10. 24/7 customer support. Period.
If your company is currently using POP3 or IMAP with an email hosting provider, you simply must look into Google Apps Premium. The benefits are countless and they are ever-growing.
AppsRM is provided by LANRM Technologies. Visit our website, Http://www.AppsRM.com to learn more about Google Apps and how your company can reduce costs and increase productivity through the use of Google Apps Premium!Zachary Morvik is a technology expert who is a founding partner of LANRM Technologies, a leading computer support and managed services provider in the Greater Cincinnati area. Also one of the first companies in this area to provide Google Apps solutions to businesses.
Why Rocket Internet's new beauty marketplace Vaniday is launching first in Brazil – The Next Web
Why Rocket Internet's new beauty marketplace Vaniday is launching first in BrazilThe Next Web… That Rocket Internet made its fortune from a single formula: “We identify and build proven Internet business models and transfer them to new, underserved or untapped markets, where we seek to scale them into market leading online companies,” its …and more »