Resume Achievements – Know What Moves Employers
Your resume achievements are key to capturing the attention of prospective hiring officials, and motivating them to pick up the phone and call for an interview. But not all resume achievements are equal in their strength to motivate. Exactly what moves employers to act will depend upon your particular industry, and the employers within that industry. A hiring official with The Nature Conservancy, for example, will not be driven by sales the way an official at Dow Chemical or Ford Motor Company will be driven by sales.
That said, there remain some "buying motivators," general categories of needs to which most employers are susceptible. The job seeker who understands these buying motivators holds an advantage. Here are the top 5, with examples of relevant achievements that tap into those buying motivators:
1. Making Money – The hiring officials of any organization that owes its existence to profits will certainly be interested in a candidate's accomplishments in the money-making arena. Examples of relevant resume achievements:
2. Saving Money – The next best thing to making money is saving money. Examples of resume achievements along these lines:
3. Saving Time & Resources – If you've demonstrated a way to reduce the time or resources necessary to meet necessary tasks, you've demonstrated that you can add value to an organization. Examples:
4. Solving Problems – It should come as no surprise that problem solvers are always in demand. Examples:
5. Improving A Company's Image and Competitiveness – In a world where corporate image can mean everything, improving a corporation's image and [ultimately] its competitiveness will get you noticed – and prospective employers motivated. Examples:
As you gather material for your resume, scour your professional past for examples of resume achievements that stimulate the "buying motivators" of the employers you're targeting. If you can write those achievements expertly and know how to place them strategically in the document, there'll only be one thing left to do. Get the phone.
Ride, Rock, Party and Repeat With Professional Bull Riders (PBR) in Las Vegas … – CNNMoney
Ride, Rock, Party and Repeat With Professional Bull Riders (PBR) in Las Vegas …CNNMoneyFans can enjoy the on-site pools, water slides, mechanical bull riding, bull rider meet-and-greets, interactive displays, shopping and a host of other activities for those who dare to attend. Cowboy Spring Break will be the must-do festival of the …and more »
Axis41 to Partner with Custom Car Designer Dave Kindig at Adobe Summit 2015
Axis41 is presenting as a Platinum Sponsor at Adobe Summit 2015 and will also be hosting Dave Kindig and one of his custom cars in their booth during the conference.
Using phpMyAdmin In cPanel | Website Hosting Tutorial