What are PHP, Perl, Python, and Ruby on Rails?
• Web programming languages are called scripting languages. PHP and Perl are widely used for web hosting.
• There are many web hosts carrying forward with the support for Python and Ruby on Rails.
• From security point of view, poorly coded PHP coding is a nightmare for any server administrator or website owner. These are flaws in PHP can worsen the position of a webmaster.
• You need to keep in mind a few things while experimenting with any new web software:
1) You should use web software if you've read a lot about it and found out other people's opinions of the software. Anytime you upload or install software, you will be giving the program free reign to do everything within your web space or even the whole software.
2) You should make sure that all your web software is kept to date as possible. The more time passing through the software release, more time will be taken by the malicious code for examination of code.
3) No matter how much you trust the software and keep up to date, it may still run inefficiently. If it frequently uses too much server resources, the hosting provider may terminate your account or warn to remove the software.
4) In case, something bad happens, you should remember to take advantage of the account on regular basis.