What is an SSL/TLS certificate?
• Whenever your visitors access your website through a secured and encrypted connection, it has SSL certification.
• https:// before a website URL depicts that it has secured certificate.
• TLS is the successor of SSL. Both of them functions using certificates. Any business site that processes transactions will definitely need secured connections for working.
• Business owners prefer to get SSL certifications from a trusted source.
• You can even generate a free certificate in accordance to the provisions mentioned by your web hosting provider.
• If website moves to any different domain name, you need to update the SSL certification for it. These certificates also expire after some time. You need to renew them before they actually get expired.